Full Band Mini Camp
Band Mini Camp is required for all band and color guard members, and typically occurs in June on a Friday evening and full day Saturday.
Band Camp is when the band learns the music and show for the competitive season. In addition to the show music, stand tunes and parade music are prepared as well as marching techniques and drill sets. Band camp is mandatory for all marching band and color guard students. Students will need to bring a sack lunch and snacks each day during band camp. Mr. Vogelsberg wants students on campus, eating lunch together. Please pack enough food and water to stay happy and energized all day.
Students should bring the following items to band camp:
- Dot Book (basic memo-size, spiral bound along long side, ~ 3’ x 5”, 200 pages; Ask Mr. V if you don’t know what this is)
- 3-ring, 8-½ x 11 binder with a bendable cover
- Ice Water in a large water jug (available at Target, Jax, Wal-Mart, etc.)
- Sack lunch & snacks (Each student should bring his/her own lunch and plan to stay on campus; Mr. V. wants students to eat lunch as a group.)
- Tennis shoes and athletic, light colored clothes
Each student's time on the field is very important to the success of the band, so students should do everything they can do to ensure their full participation during rehearsals. The band will be outside most of the day, so students should be prepared to take good care of themselves at rehearsal and at home. At home, students should start each camp day with a nutritious breakfast. Students should also hydrate themselves at home, before and after rehearsals. While at rehearsal, students are expected to have water, sunscreen, and wear a hat at all times. If a student should not have one of these items, they should see a staff member, drum major or section leader, and we will be happy to make sure that they get what they need. Students should be proactive in preparing for time out in the sun. There is a lot that students can do to prevent heat related issues from happening.