CENTAURUS HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND PRESENTS
2021 Marchathon & Virtual Marchathon Campaign
Marchathon (door-to-door "marching" through Lafayette and Erie):
- Each year all band members participate in our largest fundraising campaign of the year, our annual Marchathon. On a Saturday in late August, the marching band will don their uniforms and “march” door-to-door throughout Lafayette and Erie, our BVSD-CHS “neighborhood” (over 10,000 homes). Our band is a point of community pride, and the students work hard all day, meeting our neighbors and soliciting financial support! The Lafayette/Erie community always comes through in a big way for the Centaurus Warriors Marching Band, and it’s extremely important that every student participates in this fun (and essential) day of fundraising. Parent volunteers are always needed to drive and to serve lunch.
Virtual Marchathon (Donations from Friends & Family Outside of Lafayette/Erie):
- The Virtual Marchathon runs for a full week following the live Marchathon.
- Students will be supplied with the Virtual Marchathon Letter to email, mail, tweet and post to friends and family who live outside of our BVSD-Centaurus neighborhood.
- We need all band students to participate. If students are struggling to make a list of family or friends outside of the Erie/Lafayette area, the Centaurus Band Boosters have some ideas to help those students (just ask!)
- A Sample Letter and Instructions can be found by clicking the links.
- Our goal is 100% student participation.
- Marching Band drum majors and section leaders will be relied heavily upon to motivate and lead by example. This will be considered an integral part of their service record as band leaders.