Welcome to Centaurus Winter Percussion Ensemble!
Winter Percussion is an ensemble of students playing battery and pit instruments. We work hard and have lots of fun competing with other ensembles in a judged performance. Our goal is to improve our musicianship and artistry while interacting and learning from other groups and having fun with our peers. Winter percussion is an excellent complement to the Fall Marching Band program for those who participate in drumline and pit, and these students are highly encouraged to participate. However, Winter Percussion is open to ALL students and many have joined who have no experience with percussion instruments. Winter Percussion Ensemble is a great opportunity to explore your inner percussionist!
For more information about the world of indoor percussion, please explore the Rocky Mountain Percussion Association (RMPA) or the Winter Guard International (WGI) websites. For more information about Centaurus Winter Percussion Ensemble please contact Lori Nonies, Lauren Maxwell, or Aaron Vogelsberg.
A few things to know:
- Any student may audition for Centaurus Winter Percussion Ensemble
- Winter Percussion Ensemble is an extracurricular activity and there is a participation fee
- Participating students are subject to academic eligibility rules
- Rehearsals are generally two evenings per week and Saturdays (similar to marching band)
- There are usually competitions and rehearsals over Spring Break
- Parents provide transportation to competitions and are asked to volunteer (similar to marching band)
- Students and parents can download the 2018-19 Winter Percussion Handbook here.
2019 Winter Percussion
The 2019 season has started! The group has started rehearsals in preparation for the upcoming season.
The Front Ensemble aka "Pit"
2018 Season – Stand!
The 2018 season is off to a great start! Several students performed in the Day of Percussion on Feb. 3rd, and the front ensemble also had a beautiful performance - earning them the judges favorite award!
2017 Centaurus Winter Percussion Ensemble ~ “Skip”
PSA State Score 91.063 - 2nd place - 2nd highest at State!
Highest score in school history!
2013 Show – “OPPOSITES”
2011 Show – “ENERGY”
2010 Show – “REMEMBER WHEN”
PSA State Finals Score: 77.2, 6th Place