Centaurus High School Band Sponsorship Opportunities
The Centaurus High School Band Program: Why We Rely on Your Sponsorship
The Centaurus High School Band Program is an enormous source of pride for our students, parents, teachers, the Boulder Valley School District, and our local community. Its success has brought press coverage and prestige to Boulder County. Since 2008, the band program has rapidly grown from 40 students to 120 students. In fact, 10% of the students at Centaurus participate in the band program! The success of the CHS band program positively impacts open enrollment at CHS, drawing out-of-area students from Boulder, Broomfield, Erie, Superior and Thornton.
During the past twp year, CHS was promoted to the 4A division and has grown significantly. While exciting, this means new uniforms and instruments – and a corresponding increase in the band's operating expenses. To compound this new challenge, the band program receives little to no funding from the school district. In order to meet the financial demands of competition fees, instrument and uniform purchases and repairs, copyright licensing for music, and even bus transportation to and from events, we must rely on support from our community. Fundraising, grants, and generous donations from parents, alumni, and community sponsors make the band program possible.
Centaurus Marching Band was the Colorado Bandmasters Association (CBA) 3A State Marching Band Champion for five consecutive years – a state record. Centaurus bands have been awarded the CBA’s prestigious “Exemplary Band” award twice. Our students participate in competitions and festivals for marching, concert, and jazz bands, and have represented Centaurus at the state level in every category. In 2011, the Centaurus Marching Band proudly represented Colorado in the New York City Veterans’ Day and 911 Commemoration Parade, and in 2017, our students represented Colorado at the famous St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Boston.
The Centaurus Band is an inclusive program that strives for and achieves excellence. Our program builds confident, compassionate, hard-working citizens. Included in the long list of what we teach is music, discipline, work ethic, athletics, teamwork, camaraderie, integrity, and respect. The personal growth these students experience over four years is truly remarkable! We are developing the future exceptional thinkers and leaders of our society. Our marching band program even includes 8th grade middle school students.
The hard work and dedication of the students and their teachers is what makes the CHS band successful. You may not realize the amount of work that goes into a marching band season. The Fall marching season begins in April of the previous school year and continues through the summer into competition season. A typical week as a marching band member includes about 20 hours of rehearsal, primarily outdoors in hot weather. Concert season includes classroom time, personal practice time, music lessons, and competitions. Students in jazz band gather at 6:30 am throughout the year for an additional one hour rehearsal. And, members of the Winter Guard and Indoor Percussion spend the winter rehearsing and competing to prepare for the next marching season. Being in the Centaurus bands is a year-round endeavor. The kids and their teachers are committed!
Over the past 30 years, music and the arts have experienced crushing blows to funding. This year, it will take $160,000 to minimally support a successful band program of our size and accomplishment. Our school district provides less than 2% of this amount. The remainder is raised through fundraising, community grants, and generous donations from parents, alumni and sponsors.
Sponsors have many opportunities for exposure. Centaurus Bands attend 20-25 events around the state annually. Every three years we represent our community and Colorado outside the state at events attracting thousands of spectators. Over 6,000 people attend the annual State Championships. Closer to home, the CBA Northern Regional state-qualifying competitions – two will be hosted at Centaurus High School this fall – draw crowds between 3,000-4,000, each. Additionally, sporting events, school events, community parades, various fundraising events, and numerous performances and competitions draw large crowds providing additional exposure for our sponsors.
How would you like to support the Centaurus High School Band Program?
(Fair Market Value of In-Kind Donations can be applied to determine giving level. Each level of sponsorship includes all preceding sponsorship level benefits)
BRONZE Sponsorship Level - $500 - $999
- Regionals Advertisement Package (detailed below)
- Logo or Business name in the Bands’ publications (programs and e-newsletters)
- Logo or Business name on homepage of band website (www.centaurusband.org)
- Sponsorship posted on our Band Booster’s Facebook Page (sponsor-provided digital copy)
- Recognized at December Auction & Appeal, our end of marching season celebration and fundraiser (public address announcements; sponsorship logos posters; banners displayed)
GOLD Sponsorship Level - $2,500 - $4,999
- 8x10 Wall Plaque with photo of Centaurus Band
- Logo or Business name on 5000 August Marchathon Door Tags (sponsor-provided digital copy)
- Four tickets to Winter CHS Jazz and Hot Tomatoes Concert (Date TBD)
SILVER Sponsorship Level - $1,000 - $2,499
- 8x10 Certificate of Sponsorship with photo of Centaurus Band (if requested by sponsor)
- Magnetic sign with name/logo for Marching Band equipment truck (sponsor-provided magnet)
- Sponsor’s banner displayed during Centaurus Band events (sponsor-provided banner)
- Public address announcement at CHS Band sponsored events
- Four tickets to CBA Northern Regionals Marching Band Competition on October 17, 2018
PLATINUM Sponsorship Level - $5,000 or more
- Logo on Marching Band Show Shirts (Sponsor-provided digital copy. Space limited to 1st five sponsors. These shirts are worn by all marching band students at competitions, parades, and school events.)
- Four tickets to Denver Brass Concert Performance at CHS Auditorium on April 10, 2019
- A whole lot of goodwill and musical karma
Northern Regionals Marching Band Competition Advertising Package ($250 Value)
On October 17, 2018, our CHS Warriors Marching Band will host the Colorado Bandmasters Association Northern Regionals Competition for the fifth consecutive year. We anticipate 20-25 participating bands from across northern Colorado including an exhibition performance by the Colorado State University Marching Band, bringing an attendance of over 3,500 spectators.
- 5x8 advertisement in the printed program
- Banner displayed in the stadium during the event (sponsor-provided banner)
- Announced as sponsor during the event
- Recognition on our band’s CBA Regionals web page and in Regionals FaceBook posts
Sponsorship is valid for one school year (July 1st - June 30th). Sponsorship funds are applied to the Centaurus Band Booster’s general fund or as an offset to expenses if funds are In-Kind. The general fund pays for the band’s operating costs which include transportation, instruments, repairs, competition fees, music, copyrights, insurance, equipment, and more. The band programs could not exist without the support of the Centaurus Band Boosters (759 Club) and our generous communities within and outside of Lafayette and Erie, CO. For more information, please email Christine Belin.
The Centaurus High School Band Program consists of a number of different performing ensembles, each with their own schedules and needs. The performing ensembles include Marching Band and Color Guard, Jazz Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Winter Guard, and Indoor Percussion Ensemble.
Centaurus Band Boosters (759 Club) is a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, and donations may be tax deductible. Please consult a tax professional for tax advice.