2017 Marchathon (left to right)
“Dressed & ready”; “On our way to you!”; “Chillin’ at Bob Burger before afternoon march!”
Photos: Kathleen Marr
Marchathon needs drivers, how can I help?
CENTAURUS HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND PRESENTS
2018 Marchathon & Virtual Marchathon Campaign
Marchathon (Donations from Our Lafayette/Erie Community):
- On Saturday, August 25th from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, students will be "marching" door-to-door throughout Lafayette and Erie (our BVSD-Centaurus “neighborhood”) to gratefully accept donations from the community.
- Marching Band instrumentalists will wear their uniforms and the Marching Band guard team will coordinate on a CHS colors T-shirt.
- Students will be driven through CHS neighborhoods in groups of four by parents with a Level 3 Volunteer background check. Groups will split into two pairs that will "march" down opposite sides of the street, always with a buddy.
- From 12:15-1:45 pm, students will “siesta” at Bob Burger Rec Center, where they will be served lunch and enjoy the indoor swimming area. They’ll be rested, dressed and ready to march again from 2:00 - 5:00 pm!
- Each car will collect an average of $1,000, so it's crucial that every student participate in Marchathon! Absences must be pre-arranged with Mr. Vogelsberg using electronic Form D/Absence Request.
Virtual Marchathon (Donations from Friends & Family Outside of Lafayette/Erie):
- The Virtual Marchathon will run from August 20th to August 26th.
- Band parent Amy Dunbar-Wallis will supply students with the 2018 Virtual Marchathon Letter to email, mail, tweet and post to friends and family who live outside of our BVSD-Centaurus neighborhood.
- We need all band students to participate. If students are struggling to make a list of family or friends outside of the Erie/Lafayette area, the Centaurus Band Boosters have some ideas to help those students (just ask!)
- A Sample Letter and Instructions can be found by clicking the links.
- Our goal this year is 100% student participation. We will have some fun incentives and awards to motivate all marching band students to do their part!
- Marching Band drum majors and section leaders will be relied heavily upon to motivate and lead by example. This will be considered an integral part of their service record as band leaders.