|Like Us on Facebook!|
Sat, 07/12/2014 - 6:44pm
Centaurus High School Marching Band
Interested in being a
Your five-time State Champion Centaurus High School Marching Band is preparing for its 2017 season, which means it's time for our annual March-a-thon. This event is one of our largest fundraisers of the year, and it depends on everyone's participation to make it a success!
Here's how you can help:
1) March-A-Thon: A day-long effort, mostly by students in uniform, to go door-to-door collecting donations and inviting them to our local performances. But we do need parent drivers!
2) Virtual March-A-Thon: A 3-week effort to solicit funds from friends, family, coworkers, etc. who are outside of the Lafayette area.
- Find downloadable forms, sample letters, logos, etc. at the bottom of this page
- Ask your company if they will match your donation to the band
~ Details ~
We need drivers for Aug 26:
- Please sign up here, or contact Kathleen Marr (Volunteer Coordinator) or Paula Mannell (March-a-thon Coordinator) if you can drive.
- If desired, you may receive a $10 credit to your child’s commitment payment for each day that you drive.
- You will need a Level 3 volunteer clearance which includes a background check.
- Please see our Volunteer Page for more details and to download forms. Background check takes some time, so please act quickly!
Marching Day (Aug 26)
- On Saturday, August 26th, students will be marching throughout Lafayette to gratefully accept donations from the community to the band from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Kids will wear their uniforms
- This is a letter-writing (or email or phone call) campaign asking family, friends, and coworkers for financial support for the CHS band program
- This fundraiser benefits our general fund and all kids in the program
Instructions for Families
- This is one of the few fundraisers that the kids do with little help from their parents! It is their chance to work to support their band
- Our budget this year is $130,000. This fundraiser contributes greatly to our financial needs
- We introduce the Centaurus award-winning band program to our community and give the kids an opportunity to thank them for their support
- We provide our family, friends, and co-workers a way to support the kids
- You can double your donation with matching funds from your company
- Centaurus Band Boosters (dba 759 Club) is a 501c3 organization. Please check with your tax professional to see whether your donation is tax deductible